Coffee cheers everyday up. It is a company for every chit-chat and the start of a good morning. Coffee stalls are everywhere offering coffee that is mixed with others ingredients which make great drinks. It is not surprising that you can be attached to coffee in your daily life. Now, how about if you’re pregnant; are you allowed to drink some glasses of coffee in a day? Or should you stop drinking it at all? Or is there any kind of certain coffee you might be allowed to drink?
What Coffee contains
Coffee is brewed from coffee beans. Coffee contains mostly caffeine. Pure brewed coffee, without any additional milk or creamer is a good source of antioxidant that can improve your health. Similar to chocolate, coffee is reported having the ability to make you happier and to fight depression. Caffeine contained by coffee is also a stimulant that might provide energy boost for you. Hence, drinking coffee might fight your tiredness and sleepiness.
Is Pure Brewed Coffee different from Instant Coffee?
Pure coffee is resulted from brewing the whole coffee beans, while instant coffee is resulted by grounding coffee beans into powder. Instant coffee contains lower caffeine level than the pure brewed one. Per serving, instant coffee has 27 mg of caffeine, while pure brewed coffee is 90 mg.
What are the Effects of Coffee?
As coffee might be a part of your daily life, it may be hard for you to put it aside when you are pronounced pregnant. You might raise a question whether coffee is a good choice of drink when you are carrying tiny little thing inside your belly. When you are pregnant, you should pay attention to the effects of every foods taken. As for coffee, some effects may take place after, such as:
- Excessive consumption of caffeine may lead to insomnia and sleeping disorder. Be sure to limit your coffee consumption during the day. When you consume other foods containing caffeine, you may want to reduce the amount of coffee you drink.
- Caffeine is diuretic. It may stimulate your urinary system. When you drink too much coffee, your caffeine level might raise and therefore, cause increasing urination frequency.
- Caffeine might cause infertility for both man and woman. Too much caffeine might result in delayed chance of conception by 20 percent.
- When consumed more than 200 mg per day, caffeine heightened the risk of miscarriage.
- For some people, caffeine might induce heart rate and blood pressure.
- Caffeine might cause heartburn because it stimulate the secretion of stomach acid. It may also cause nausea and make the urge of vomiting worse.
- Coffee, tea, and other caffeinated beverages contain phenol that will inhibit the process of iron absorption. It may cause anemia.
Can I drink Coffee while Pregnant
Seeing the nutrition facts inside the coffee you might drink every day, it is really wise for you to cut off coffee from your diet list while you are pregnant. Coffee contains caffeine, which is a stimulant, which will raise your heart rates. However, if you insist on drinking coffee while pregnant, you might want to consider some things.