Smoking weed has been really a phenomenon in the society. Weed has been known as a medical remedy, yet some people use it illegally and cause both heath and dependency problems. How does it actually affect your body and your health?
What is Weed and why People Smoke it?
Weed, also known as pot or marijuana is dried greenish leaves, flowers, and seeds of Indian native hemps. It is the most common used, illegal drug. Weed can be smoked as cigarettes or in pipe. People use it widely to get the hallucination effect. When it is smoked, weed gives instant sensation. It increases your heart rate and thus, lessen your joint balance so that you will get the peak hallucinating sensation within 30 minutes. When you get this sensation, it becomes possible that you are able to get rid of your problems for quite a while and perceive the world in different way as it is. Despite its bad reputation, marijuana also has medical benefits. It is used to relieve Glaucoma—a disease caused by extensive pressure in eye ball. The use of weed can reduce the pressure so that it will slow down the progress of this disease and hence, prevent blindness. It is also used to reduce the effects of epileptic disease. Some people suffer from anxiety problems and marijuana is a good treatment for this. It is because medically, weed relieves pain and relieves nausea. However, it should be used in a proper dose, since higher dose may lead you to paranoia and increase anxiety. Weed is also believed to help your metabolism. It has a good response to sugar intake and excrete it well, so that it may keep your body skinny and healthier.
What is the side effects of smoking weed?
Smoking weed gives various effects toward your body and mind. The hallucination effect is the most searched one. This is not a healthy thing, for sure. Because it is the result of your sudden heart rate increase and loosen joint, which can lead into severe heart problem in longer period. It also causes dependency over marijuana.
Can I smoke Weed while Pregnant?
When you talk about smoking marijuana, you’d better not do it during pregnancy, since it may have some impacts to your unborn baby. However, right-dosed medical marijuana can be allowed under certain circumstances. While you are pregnant and need medical marijuana treatment, smoking it may not be beneficial, instead choose to evaporate the weed. You should be careful about the dose and must be accompanied by expert for this treatment.
How does Smoking Weed affect your Unborn Baby?
Smoking weed should not be done during pregnancy, unless you have dependency for the medical marijuana. Weed has several side effects to your unborn baby that she will experience either only right after pregnancy or continuously until her adulthood. To make it worse, marijuana can cause problems before and during pregnancy.
- Smoking weed will disturb your menstrual period, because it may delay the releasing process of ovulated eggs every month.
- Weed also decrease your level of fertility by inhibiting your body-produced hormones to get pregnant. It also decreases the sperm health so that it cannot ovulate the egg well.
- Pregnant mothers who smoke weed in large dose and frequently might likely to expose their unborn baby to heart problems. It increases mother’s heart rate and thus, will develop this tendency of heart problem to the baby as well.
- Smoked weed might also cause premature birth which can be earlier than 37 weeks.
- Weed also heightened the tendency of having born baby with low birth weight. This is because marijuana inhibit your baby’s growth in your womb.
- Weed is also believed to cause defected brain development, which can lead to ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) Syndrome. The children born with ADHD may be either forgetful and having problems concentrating, or hyperactive.
Everything connected to pregnancy needs to be thought carefully. Smoking weed is one of them. You should be aware of your immune drop during pregnancy and therefore, need to apply healthy diets and lifestyle to guarantee your unborn baby’s health.